Love them or hate them, you may’t deny celebrities all the time convey sartorial aptitude to the purple carpet (and a wholesome dose of controversy, as per the theme for the Met Gala 2018).
From Rihanna’s Met Gala costume to Jennifer Lawrence’s Dior Oscars costume and Julia Robert’s unforgettable sheer Valentino Oscars costume, there are too many fabulous moments to select from.
However whereas we couldn’t choose a favorite, a brand new research has revealed what Britons imagine to be essentially the most iconic purple carpet moments in historical past, and the outcomes are fairly stunning.
Over 2,000 UK adults had been polled by lottoland.co.uk, and memorable moments included Elizabeth Hurley’s Versace ‘security pin’ costume, Jennifer Lawrence’s fall on the Academy Awards and Girl Gaga’s meat costume.
Scroll down for the complete prime 10 record of purple carpet moments, a few of them undoubtedly take us again. All we’ll say is matching denim is a criminal offense towards trend that ought to by no means be dedicated once more.
1. Elizabeth Hurley carrying a Versace ‘security pin’ costume to the ‘4 Weddings and a Funeral’ premiere (1994)
2. Jennifer Lawrence falling over arriving on the Academy Awards (2014)
three. Girl Gaga arriving at MTV Music Video Awards in a costume made from uncooked meat (2010)
four. Beyoncé Knowles unveiling her being pregnant bump at The VMA’s (2011)
5. Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake carrying double denim to The American Music Awards (2001)
6. Julia Roberts showcasing her armpit hair on the ‘Notting Hill’ premiere (1999)
7. Bjork carrying a Marjan Pejoski ‘swan costume’ to the Academy Awards (2001)
eight. Angelina Jolie passionately kissing her brother, James Haven, on the Academy Awards (2000)
9. Kim Kardashian carrying a floral print costume and being in comparison with Mrs Doubtfire while closely pregnant on the Met Gala (2013)
10. Marlon Brando sending a local American activist on his behalf to refuse his Academy Award (1973)
So there you’ve it, it’s not a lot one of the best purple carpet clothes ever as essentially the most memorable, which isn’t essentially meant as a praise.
Nevertheless there’s little question these all have a spot in awards and magnificence historical past. And meals historical past when you depend Girl Gaga’s costume.